- NO RICE AT ALL
- INSTEAD OF RICE,EAT KAMOTE OR SWEET POTATO
WHAT IS KAMOTE OR SWEET POTATO?
- SCIENTIFIC NAME : BATATAS EDULIS CHOISY
Edible: Leaves and roots.
Has a higher nutritional value than the common potato.
Good source of vitamins A, B and C, iron, calcium and phosphorus.
High in complex carbohydrates and dietary fiber; deficient in protein.
Leafy tops eaten as vegetables.
A component of many traditional cuisines.
A staple food crop in some countries.
- Antioxidant / Antiproliferative: Study demonstrated that the phytochemicals in sweet potato may have significant antioxidant and anticancer activities. The antioxidant activity was directly related to the total amount of phenolics and flavonoids in the extracts. The additive roles of phytochemicals may contribute to its ability in inhibiting tumor cell proliferation in vitro.
- Diabetes: (1) Antidiabetic activity of white skinned sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas L.) in obese Zucker fatty rats: Results suggest the white skinned sweet potato has antidiabetic activity and and improves glucose and lipid metabolism by reducing insulin resistance. (2) Study to isolate the antidiabetic component of white-skinned sweet potato suggested the active component to be an acidic glycoprotein because it contained a protein and sugar and adsorbed onto the QA column at pH 7.0.s
- Dengue: Like the MILK (Euphorbia hirta), there have been anecdotal reports of the use of Ipomoea batatas in dengue, with improvement in platelet counts being attributed to decoctions of kamote tops.
Preparation: kamote tops are boiled in water for 5 minutest to extract the juice
It is also proven and tested that it could help you loose weight.For 1 week of eating kamote,just a span of 3 days, i already felt the changes in my body.I could recommend this to anybody who wanted to loose weight.Its very safe.and it could even help your health.