Little did we know that as simple as tooth decay may lead to a HEART FAILURE.Let me discuss first what really tooth decay is.Many of us thought its just one of those little thingy in our teeth that when we brush, it will go away instantly.Tooth decay means the loss of the mineral from teeth.A disease where in a bacteria damages the hard tooth structure.There are two common termed used for tooth decay.
- CAVITY - a hole resulting to the tooth decay process
- CARIES - rotten, due to the tooth decay process
Untreated tooth decay may cause destruction,lead to different infections,tooth loss which is extremely painful,and should be removed and be replaced by a prosthesis.The plaque that is forming in our teeth contains bacteria that feed on the sugar for up to 15 to 2o minutes of eating in our mouth that makes acids,and attack after eating and during these time these acid distroy the tooth enamel that caused tooth decay.
Based from the researchers,there is a connection between a gum disease and a heart attack. The bacteria in dental plaque may cause blood clot,and may developed a heart attack, when they released in the blood stream. People who have periodontal disease are highly risk of heart diseases.
TOOTH - DECAY PREVENTIONS :
- Brush your teeth at least 3x a day with a fluoride containing toothpaste
- Clean in between your teeth with a dental floss
- Eat healthy foods and avoid carbohydrates such as candy's,chocolates and chips
- Visit your dentist regularly for cleaning and oral exams.
Our health is very important more than anything.We cannot function well if we are not healthy.We should give importance to our body than material things.We should maintain a healthy living so we could have longer lives.We only have one life so we have to take good care of it..